Guys simply love if you ask him out. Why? It is because some guys fear rejection or simply because they want to save effort doing all the scary hard work. Furthermore, there is no risk of suffering a humiliating “no”!
We all know that it is OK to ask a guy for a date, especially if you are certain that he is also interested in you. So, would you be brave enough to do it? If your answer is yes, how can you do it right and how can you guarantee that he will not turn you down? It is actually not that difficult to date a guy. Well, read on for step-by-step guide to getting a YES from him…
1. Be sure that he is really interested
This is very important! How? You can initiate a casual conversation with him and observe his reactions to you. If he fancies you, the conversation will go on smoothly. You can also tell him a crap joke and see if he laughs. If he laughs all right and genuine, he is yours! For more tips, check out my article on how to tell if he likes you. I have listed 50 ways to tell if a guy is interested in you.
2. Do not judge a book by its cover
It is not necessary that he does not like you if he has not asked you out. It is more likely that he is worried that he might look goofy to you, and most important of all, he is scared of you saying “no” to him.
3. Make inquiries or do some homework about him
Ask around to find out about his interests, hobbies and favorite hang out place. Remember to do it discreetly! You do not want to announce it to the entire world.
4. Flirt with him the right way
• Smile and be courteous at all times.
• Create friendly chats with him as much as possible once you are well-equipped with information about him and impress him with your “natural” knowledge.
• Compliment him. Tell him something like he looks great, but do not overdo it. You only have to make him feel comfy around you.
• Listen to him alertly. This is one of the most effective flirting skills.
• Touch him on his appropriate body parts only and not too much of it. A light touch is enough to send the message across to him.
5. Think of a right way to ask him out
You need to ask him the right question without being too aggressive or desperate if you crave for a positive answer instead of asking the wrong question and create an opening for him to reject you.
Don’t ask… “Would you like to go out with me some day?”
Ask... “So when shall we go out?”
Don't ask... “Do you want to send me home?”
Ask... “I am going now and you could always walk / drive me home”
Don't ask... “Shall we go for a movie this Saturday?”
Ask... “We could meet up if you are planning to go to the pictures on weekend. What time is good for you?’
Don't ask... “Will you be my boyfriend?”
Ask... “When do you think you and me could get together?”
6. Finally, make the approach to date him!
Decide on how you are going to ask him. Do you want to call or ask him face to face? If your cheeks are easily blushed, it is better to use the phone. Do not leave a note for him or beg a friend to ask him for you. Make sure you ask him yourself.
You are in love but your love is miles apart from you. At times, short distance relationship is already difficult but loving with miles can be even more difficult. Then again, I have seen successful long term relationships but it takes a lot of commitment and positive attitude. Here are some of what you can do to make your long distance relationship work. I hope you all will find this article useful.
Discuss important matters beforehand. There will be lots of difficulties ahead. You need to be honest with what you expect from your partner and so does he or she. Be open if it is ok for both of you to date other people or making friends with the opposite sex, and the dos and don’ts. Discuss this with your partner and be very honest to each other so that it can reduce unnecessary suspicions.
Try to avoid jealousy. Jealousy and suspicions is the easiest way to destroy a relationship, no matter how much you love each other. Do not get mad if your partner missed your calls or unable to talk to you because he or she is busy. Leave a message and he / she will call when available. Do not get jealous and throw senseless question if your partner goes out for drinks with people. Never assume the worst. Maintain your social life and be happy. Do not isolate yourself just because your love is far away.
Stay positive. Brush away the negative thoughts and concentrate on the positive side. Being away with your dear is not that bad after all. You can use the available time to pursue your career, interest and hobbies. It also gives you opportunity to build your patience.
Do not attempt to be controlling. No one likes to be manipulated, not even you. Learn to trust each other completely to make the relationship a success. As long as both of you are sincere with the relationship, there is no need to control. Remember that control can damage any relationship just like jealousy.
Visit. If you have the budget, why not visit each other as frequent as possible? Phone calls are not sufficient to make long distance love survive. My friend visited his girlfriend at least 2-3 times per year, their relationship turned out well and they are now married. So, when you have every chance, go visit your partner.
Surprise each other. Surprise your partner with a card, a small gift or something you feel would really put a smile on your partner’s face. Snail mail requires effort but they are romantic. Better still, post your partner a gift!
Bond a lot. A long distance relationship needs lots of communication to make up for physical absence. Nurture and build your emotional intimacy when talking to each other. Update your partner adequately so that the lack of communication doesn’t cause you to drift apart and never ever end the conversation with any argument.
Blog it. Start an online journal like Blogger at www.blogger.com or a online friends network such as Facebook to share your daily dos, post photos or videos, or send virtual hugs, kisses or smiles.
Text each other. Because your phone is with you all the time and text messages are instantaneous, you can feel like you are very close to each other. Get the text messages going with something like “Wishing you were here” or “I am thinking about you right now”.
Do things together. Long distance relationship is very challenging. Relying on phone calls and emails alone can soon be very boring. Thus, it is very important to do things together. For example, schedule a time to meet online and get a webcam so you can see each other, play games or watch a movie at the same time.
Good luck and wishing those in a long distance relationship success ;)
Stay tune for my next post on Mistakes Men & Women Make in a Relationship. Till then, xoxo!
Hello my followers and visitors. Sorry for the lack of post last month. I have been busy with the Lunar New Year but I promise I will be posting much more frequently from now on. I have so many topics I want to write about and share with everyone, suddenly I have so much inspirations from somewhere. Lol! Therefore, do check back often and follow me on twitter (iammyfairlady) if you wish to.
Ok, I am going to put up a list on how to say I LOVE YOU in 112 languages and I hope you will enjoy and yeah, stay tune for more!
1. English - I love you
2. Afrikaans - Ek het jou lief
3. Albanian - Te dua
4. Arabic - Ana behibak (to male)
5. Arabic - Ana behibek (to female)
6. Armenian - Yes kez sirumen
7. Bambara - M'bi fe
8. Bangla - Aamee tuma ke bhalo baashi
9. Belarusian - Ya tabe kahayu
10. Bisaya - Nahigugma ako kanimo
11. Bulgarian - Obicham te
12. Cambodian - Soro lahn nhee ah
13. Cantonese Chinese - Ngo oiy ney
14. Catalan - T'estimo
15. Cheyenne - Ne mohotatse
16. Chichewa - Ndimakukonda
17. China - Wo ai ni
18. Corsican - Ti tengu caru (to male)
19. Creol - Mi aime jou
20. Croatian - Volim te
21. Czech - Miluji te
22. Danish - Jeg Elsker Dig
23. Dutch - Ik hou van jou
24. Esperanto - Mi amas vin
25. Estonian - Ma armastan sind
26. Ethiopian - Afgreki'
27. Faroese - Eg elski teg
28. Farsi - Doset daram
29. Filipino - Mahal kita
30. Finnish - Mina rakastan sinua
31. French - Je t'aime, Je t'adore
32. Gaelic - Ta gra agam ort
33. Georgian - Mikvarhar
34. German - Ich liebe dich
35. Greek - S'agapo
36. Gujarati - Hoo thunay prem karoo choo
37. Hiligaynon - Palangga ko ikaw
38. Hawaiian - Aloha wau ia oi
39. Hebrew - Ani ohev otah (to female)
40. Hebrew - Ani ohev et otha (to male)
41. Hiligaynon - Guina higugma ko ikaw
42. Hindi - Hum Tumhe Pyar Karte hae
43. Hmong - Kuv hlub koj
44. Hopi - Nu' umi unangwa'ta
45. Hungarian - Szeretlek
46. Icelandic - Eg elska tig
47. Ilonggo - Palangga ko ikaw
48. Indonesian - Saya cinta padamu
49. Inuit - Negligevapse
50. Irish - Taim i' ngra leat
51. Italian - Ti amo
52. Japanese - Aishiteru
53. Kannada - Naanu ninna preetisuttene
54. Kapampangan - Kaluguran daka
55. Kiswahili - Nakupenda
56. Konkani - Tu magel moga cho
57. Korean - Sarang Heyo
58. Latin - Te amo
59. Latvian - Es tevi miilu
60. Lebanese - Bahibak
61. Lithuanian - Tave myliu
62. Macedonian - Te sakam
63. Malay - Saya cintakan mu / Aku cinta padamu
64. Malayalam - Njan Ninne Premikunnu
65. Mandarin - Wo ai ni
66. Marathi - Me tula prem karto
67. Mohawk - Kanbhik
68. Moroccan - Ana moajaba bik
69. Nahuatl - Ni mits neki
70. Navaho - Ayor anosh'ni
71. Norwegian - Jeg Elsker Deg
72. Pandacan - Syota na kita!!
73. Pangasinan - Inaru Taka
74. Papiamento - Mi ta stimabo
75. Persian - Doo-set daaram
76. Pig Latin - Iay ovlay ouyay
77. Polish - Kocham Ciebie
78. Portuguese - Eu te amo
79. Romanian - Te ubesk
80. Russian - Ya tebya liubliu
81. Scot Gaelic - Tha gradh agam ort
82. Serbian - Volim te
83. Setswana - Ke a go rata
84. Sindhi - Maa tokhe pyar kendo ahyan
85. Sioux - Techihhila
86. Slovak - Lu`bim ta
87. Slovenian - Ljubim te
88. Spanish - Te quiero / Te amo
89. Swahili - Ninapenda wewe
90. Swedish - Jag alskar dig
91. Swiss-German - Ich lieb Di
92. Tagalog - Mahal kita
93. Taiwanese - Wa ga ei li
94. Tahitian - Ua Here Vau Ia Oe
95. Tamil - Nan unnai kathalikaraen
96. Telugu - Nenu ninnu premistunnanu
97. Thai - Chan rak khun (to male)
98. Thai - Phom rak khun (to female)
99. Turkish - Seni Seviyorum
100. Ukrainian - Ya tebe kahayu
101. Urdu - mai aap say pyaar karta hoo
102. Vietnamese - Anh ye^u em (to female)
103. Vietnamese - Em ye^u anh (to male)
104. Welsh - 'Rwy'n dy garu
105. Yiddish - Ikh hob dikh
106. Yoruba - Mo ni fe
107. Surabaya - aku tresno kara koe
108. Hakka - Ngai oi Ngi
109. Hokkien - Wa ai Lu
110. Mongolia - Bi Charmed heir teh
111. Nederlands - Ik hou van jou, ik zie je graag
112. Maltese - inhobbok
This post gives me the inspiration to write about how to maintain long distance relationship. Yes, that will be the upcoming one, thus please bookmark my blog and visit often.
Cheers & Best Regards!